Culture Definition: Cultures in organisation is defined by how the organisation is run, how the personalities within the organisation interact with each other and also how the structure of the company is set out.
Many different factors influence what type of culture an organisation will be, some can be taken from the information found on the;
And Person pages, but as well as that there are factors such as;
- The History
- The Technology
- The Size
- The Environment
- The Owners
- The Employees
I will be going over a brief overview of the factors here, but as most are … Read more...
Power Definition: The ability of a leader to influence its subordinates.
Influence Definition: The effect of leaders actions on what the subordinates will do, how they act and behaviour.
Both of these can help a leader lead his staff. Employees look up to leaders in a number of ways, seven of these are below:
- Position Power – The status of the person.
- Legitimate Power – Authority of position held.
- Reward Power – Power of rewards leaders can give subordinates.
- Coercive Power – Power to punish a subordinate.
- Personal Power – Characteristics or knowledge of the organisation.
- Expert Power – Power
… Read more...